Friday, August 14, 2015

Blog Gone Wild

If you think math is hard, try web design. -Trish Parr

If you happened by the last three or so days, you know that my blog took a walk on the wild side. I have been messing with some customizations in the background and I though I messed up some code. It can take as little as one keystroke missing or added and kablooey!

After spending two days checking nearly 4,000 lines of code, I did find a few things wrong that could have been problematic, yet none of them corrected the layout jumble. Having eliminated where I thought the problem had to be, I began to dismantle the entire thing, which really was a disappointment for me. I did not have the new layout all set up exactly like I wanted, but I was to a point that I could have been contented if I had to leave it that way for a long while, since I do have a number of major obligations I am juggling right now (which I will explain in a following post).

So, I still am working on the design, but I found the problem! It was not in my modifications to the template or any of the widgets--no, it was in the post itself. It was simply a missing a </div>. And the worse part is that blogger did warn me it was missing when I published the post, but I was in a hurry and then I forgot about it.

You can cannot ignore bad coding....

Thank you, my Lord, for giving me an understanding family and patience when I need to seek out problems and fix them.