Tuesday, June 8, 2021

The Path of Briars


Love speaks in flowers. Truth requires thorns.― Leigh Bardugo

There are times when you see a path but choose not to walk it because all you really knew about it is that it had a hefty toll to be paid and went to the darkest part of a forest with briars you could see and to end you did not know where. Why would you want to choose that path?

But what if God shows you that path again and again and again and then He asks you to walk it?

I think I lost some friends in the last few days because I took this path so that it would protect some other people, including one that they love, but to do so I had to pull them through that path of briars with me. It was one of the most agonizing things I have been asked to do knowing I would likely be hated for it. God had told me to step where He stepped and it was not without its price but they did not hear Him and they were more deeply cut by the briars.

This morning I wonder how my Lord must have mourned for those who did not understand His sacrifice...not just the people who called for His crucifixion, but all who have lived since, are living now, and are yet to be born. Some things God asks us to do have their price...

My Lord, please bring healing.