Sunday, October 18, 2009

Thank You for the Award, Ganeida!


Awards become corroded, friends gather no dust. ~ Jesse Owens

Besides not posting on my own blog, I have not been reading any other blogs lately either. Imagine my embarrassment when after a couple of weeks I finally popped in on Ganeida's blog to find that I had been given an award.

Award Rules:

1. Thank the person who gave this to you!
2. Copy the logo and place it on your blog.
3. Link the person who nominated you.
4. Name 7 things about yourself that no one would really know.
5. Nominate 7 other bloggers & let them know they are nominated. Nominating is good.

Okay, here it goes:

1. See title.

2.

3. Ganeida's Knots

4. Seven things about myself, eh?

  • I like doing jigsaw puzzles of Charles Wysocki's artwork.

  • I don't have the time (or space) to do jigsaw puzzles.

  • My favorite Christian author is Dallas Willard, but I tend to never finish his books just restart them over and over.

  • I wear rose-colored sunglasses, not only because bright sunlight makes my eyes water, but because I like how the rose tint makes all colors more vibrant.

  • I am puzzled about all the white hairs I keep finding because I still see a blond when I look in the mirror. Perhaps it is a residual effect from the rose-colored sun glasses?

  • For the first time in my life we have a dog, a Schutzhund trained German Shepherd (GSD), who is more my dog than my husband's, but the downside she warns anyone who comes near me--anyone, including my husband and my daughter.

  • I also have a cat who thinks he owns me, has outlived another cat and two dogs, is probably planning the demise of this GSD so as to outlive her also, and hates anyone to have attention from me but him so he does not think much of my husband or child either.

  • I love having beautiful gardens, but you would never know it looking at the ones I have right now.

5. Now for the last, I really don't know seven other bloggers since I am fairly new to it and I really don't have the time of late to read much or go blog-hopping to find ones I like, but I truly appreciate the thought, so if you are a blogger who happens by, please leave a comment and so I can get to know you too.

~ My Lord, thank you for those things that make each one of us unique and interesting. ~