Sunday, February 14, 2010

Let It Snow, Snow, Snow!


We build statues out of snow, and weep to see them melt. ~Sir Walter Scott

Settling back in on the home front, we had an interesting change in the weather.



Before we left home to pick my husband up on Friday, the Princess had made snowmen on our back deck.



It would continue snowing most of the night. The day before, we were warned that computer models were not matching up so we could get any thing from one to six inches. It looked as though we actually got about four.

On Saturday morning, I was reminded how beautiful winters were in my home state of Ohio and I drank it in. I don't think the pictures truly illustrate the splendor just outside our windows.






Here, though, the real problem is that at night when the temperatures would go way below freezing, causing ice on the roads, but thankfully the days have been warm enough to clear off the roads. As I write this, two days later, it all is almost gone...and even the snowmen are nearly forgotten lumps.

Still, she will remember....




~ Thank you, my Lord, for the beauty of the seasons and for this sweet glimpse at a winter wonderland in Georgia. ~