Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Spring Fever and Then Some

It's spring fever.... You don't quite know what it is you DO want, but it just fairly makes your heart ache, you want it so! ~Mark Twain

I have decided that there are basically three types of Spring Fever:

1. The desire to get outside and do things in the warmth of the sun after cold winter months.

2. Allergies, also known as hay fever, due to pollen, which so predominate in the spring.

3. A fever for unknown reasons that just happened in the spring.

We have all three going on here! We are having sunny days at times in the high 70's and I have a sore back so I should not be doing any gardening as I would prefer to do. Now allergies are not a big problem for us thankfully, but Georgia has so many lovely things blooming in the spring that that pollen counts are astronomical—even people without allergies have some difficulties during this time of the year. Lastly, my Princess is rarely ill, but this morning she woke up with that fever headache and has been resting most of the day while refusing food.

All this plus my back still aching, requiring I rest it, gave me some extra time to write, in between bread making and laundry and tending to the child, of course. I tried to not notice the dusting and vacuuming that also needs to be done because my back had enough with the kneading of dough for the one loaf, hamburger buns, and honey topped rolls I made.

Last weekend on Saturday, I face painted for the 4-H Horse and Pony Club but I did not get any pictures this time. I did do some new designs that worked quite well and I may bribe the Princess to let me paint her one day for pictures—it seems commonplace that the children of face painters tend to tire of it all and often must be bribed. I will have to prepare a post with pictures of face painting that I did in the last year with at other 4-H functions.

The Princess will begin with 45-minute piano lessons this week because her skill level just requires more than 30 minutes now. Hanon exercises have been added to her regular lessons. These are meant to strengthen the typically weaker fourth and fifth fingers as well as improve speed, precision, agility, and flexibility in the wrists. Unfortunately, we may not even make it to piano lessons this week because the Princess is ill.

I hope we all recover soon as I have things I really want to do...not exactly sure what they all are right now, but it fairly makes my heart ache, I want them so.

~ My Lord, please bring us back to good health so we can enjoy the lovely spring days again.~