Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Something for Nothing


Why not learn to enjoy the little things—there are so many of them. ~Unknown

So many times I have read a blog about how other thrifty women paid $1.00 for food enough to feed their families for a week or they actually were paid $1.00 for buying something that would typically cost $50.00. Things like that I always learn about after the fact and wish it was me just once.

Well, today was that day! Kohl's had a door-buster sale all day, which included an Oster® Rotating Belgian Waffle Maker, typically a retailing at $39.99, but today it was $19.99. I was not really looking for a new waffle maker, but the one we used to have fell apart a few years ago and we did not replace it because of financial concerns. This was such a deal because I also had a 15 percent off card bringing the price down to $16.99 AND then a $10 off coupon brought it down to $6.99 AND then there was a $10 rebate, so Kohl's will be paying me just over $2 (when I add in the cost of the envelope, stamp, and sales tax) just to take that waffle maker out of their store.

Of course, in order to use the $10 coupon I had to have today's purchases total over $20. Fortunately, I did need to get a necessary and special item for the Princess, which also was on sale for originally cost $10 but my final cost with the sale price and the 15 percent off made it $5.95, so I purchased two.

Now I just have to fill out the rebate form, place it, the receipt, and the UPC code into a stamped addressed envelope to send out in the mail and wait four to six weeks for my $10 check while we make homemade waffles!

Those waffles are going to taste really yummy!

~ My Lord, thank you again for again reminding me of how You can provide something from nothing...such an amazingly power! ~