Monday, April 30, 2012

2012 Spring Piano Recital

Music expresses that which cannot be said and on which it is impossible to be silent. ~Victor Hugo

I am pleased to truthfully announce that we all survived the piano recital! I was not sure we would. Last week I was designing and formatting recital programs, getting to and from the recital rehearsal, frantically searching stores for cream-colored shoes to match the chosen recital dress, and so on. I cannot believe it has been seven years of lessons! The Princess did not perform the second piece as well as she did for her adjudication, but we heard a soft "wow!" from the people sitting behind us, so the girl has still got it.

Etude in A Minor, Op. 47, No. 3.....Stephen Heller
Musette, BWV Anhang 126.................J.S. Bach


~ Thank you, my Lord, for hearing my prayers when I ask that my child be gifted in piano and learn music. It is truly a source of delight for me. ~