Thursday, June 25, 2009

Seven Things You Need Not Know


The serpent, the king, the tiger, the stinging wasp, the small child, the dog owned by other people, and the fool: these seven ought not to be awakened from sleep. ~Chanakya

Ganeida awarded my blog and, to thank her, I am obliged to tell seven things about myself. This is more difficult for me than I thought it might be, like waking up something that should not be awakened for your own well-being. However, since you are still reading this, I guess you are not one to heed my advice to just stop right here, are you? So be it.

  1. If there is a way to make something complicated, I am the one to do it. Perhaps this is why I am attracted to simplicity...?

  2. My favorite book of the Bible is Hebrews, because it specifically addresses misconceptions about my Lord that people have even in this age.

  3. I enjoy science fiction, particularly movies. I find sci-fi very intriguing because it is so unlike real life that it is not bound to those limitations, and yet man is basically the same. I call most sci-fi movies "It's the end of the world as we know it."

  4. I shot skeet often when I was seventeen and I was very good.

  5. I dislike long fingernails. I feel that they just get in the way of all the things I like to do.

  6. If everyone else was without any needs, as we will be in heaven, and I could have one wish, I would befriend tigers have them around me all the time, even sleep with them.

  7. Ever since my techie husband bought our first computer, I have been the one on it the most--even before we had Internet service. Now I am trying to control this addiction by limiting my use and time on it, forcing myself to be more productive with my time on it. (I'm not sure a blog qualifies as "productive" at this point.)

I am supposed to pass this award on to seven other bloggers, but because of #7 I do not follow seven blogs, so I will just say thank you again to Ganeida, let what should be left to sleep, sleep, and move on to my regularly scheduled...uh, schedule.

~ My Lord, please bless the people who come here to read all my nonsensical ramblings. ~