Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Earlier Works of the Princess

A poem begins with a lump in the throat. ~Robert Frost

Some of those lumps may be in the mama's throat, I think. My Princess has gone through many phases over the years. She gets craft ideas and makes things on her own like this "Spring" collage. About the same time she made this, two years ago, she began a poem phase. I have come to realize it was not just phase, but rather a developing skill that she works on in spurts (she is so much like me). These are some of her first works at rhyming. Clearly rhyming had priority over reasoning, but I found them quite cute...and I can do that because I am her mama with the lump in my throat.

I dropped my thoughts in my soup,
and put them in a chicken coop.

Grab a pickle,
then get an ickle,
and you'll feel a tickle!

Let dog in,
Let dog out.
Oh, so much scampering about!

Take a bath if you're muddy,
After that you'll be so cuddly.

~ Thank you, my Lord, for the gift of creativity and the delight in seeing my daughter's talents develop. ~