Sunday, March 1, 2009

Beginning in the Middle

Sanctuary

Seems I left the innocence of Eden long ago
Tempted by my heart to go it on my own
Beyond the garden
Somehow through the desert of my wanderings alone
You never let me go

I turn from You - and still You cover me
I fall so far - you find me in the deep
Anywhere I am, anywhere I am
You sanctuary me

I have felt the separation deep within my bones
Brought me to my knees crying out for hope
Beyond the garden
Somehow through my tears You heard the words I could not speak
You were there to rescue me

I turn from You - and still You cover me
I fall so far - you find me in the deep
I lose my way - you're reaching out to me
Anywhere I go
Anywhere I am, anywhere I am
You sanctuary me

Written by Michael W Smith, Mark Harris and Loren Balman
(c) 1999 Milene Music/Deer Valley Music/New Spring Publishing/Point Clear Music/Word Music/Lornytunes/ASCAP


Years ago, I discovered the Streams CD, my favorite CD. It has the works of various artists put together so well. Each song touches me as if it has soothing, healing qualities from my Lord through the music and words.

I am so thankful that my Lord will find me when my heart strays, when I wander without seeking His guidance. Yes, I have done that, too many times....Yet He has and will cover me, sanctuary me, wherever I am and so my journey continues....

Thank you for joining me. Having your company along the way is such a pleasure. Of course, this is not the beginning of the journey for me, nor is it for you. I don't know from where you began, but now that our paths have merged for this time, we can take delight in our Lord along our way...together, for as long as our Lord has provided this sweet indulgence.

I ask you, my Lord, to bless those who happen by along the journey and for your blessing on this place, my little sanctuary, where I can express the whisperings of my heart with my fellow travelers on our way home to You.