Monday, July 9, 2012

Have You Hugged Your Lord Today?

The irony is that while God doesn’t need us but still wants us, we desperately need God but don’t really want Him most of the time. ~Francis Chan

We have been told about how important it is to hug our loved ones daily and now we have Christian artists illustrating Jesus hugging children and people, one on one, but have we been taught, encouraged, or shown how to just hug our Lord?

Not prayed.
Not read scripture.
Not do a devotion.

Not ask for anything...
nothing at all for anyone...
absolutely nothing.

Just love Him intensely in a breath...so brief.

Please take a few seconds, minutes if you are so inclined, to love on your Lord without any expectation from Him.

Stop now.
Quiet your mind.
Close your eyes, if you wish.

Take a breath and say "I love You, my Lord."


Did you feel His peace? It always makes me weep.

Did you feel His presence? It always overwhelms with speechlessness.

Did you hear Him speak to you? Did you want to?

Are you wondering why you do not do this more often and how can anyone ever go through an entire day without loving on Him just like this? Will you try to do it at least once again later today and then tomorrow?

~ My Lord, I will quiet my mind and listen in this breath....I love You, my Lord. ~