Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Nana Niecie's Wisdom


Only an Aunt can give hugs like a mother, can keep secrets like a sister, and share love like a friend. ~Spanish Proverb

I asked my aunt recently to explain to our Princess about how important it is to have priorities and to put things back into their proper places so she does not waste time later either cleaning up a pile of stuff all in the wrong place or that she can find it quickly, which is quite handy when she is in a hurry to do something. You see, my aunt has this kind of lifestyle down to a very precise science. She always knew exactly what she was going to do at the beginning of each day and where something should be for these very reasons.

My aunt wanted time to think it out and write it down so the Princess would have it to read over again when she wanted or needed to do so. This is the email she sent:

Dear [Princess],

Just a first letter to make sure you are getting my Email?

Your Mommie said you were having some problems with trying to organize your time? Do you feel this is a problem? Or are you just distracted with what is most important to you and then run out of time.

I was probably about your age when I had this awesome thought. There are rich people and poor people, there are people with a lot of talent and some who can focus on one thing and do it well because they have only a few interests. If you have a lot of things you want to do it is a matter of learning to focus on the most important and do it first without letting yourself get distracted. I am writing this as though you are very smart, as I think you are or you are a little older in your thoughts. If it does not make a good picture to you at this time just keep this letter for a little while and read it again later.

When I was thinking of rich and poor people I was filled with a thought that even if I was not rich there was one thing I had just the same amount of as everyone in the whole world. Even all the people I read about in History and that was each of us have just 24 hours a day! So how I use those hours are up to me! I began to organize my thoughts and learn to put my plans for each day and each week into groups.
What was the most important-What was just for me-What did I need to do to help someone else each day-How much time did I need to pray or talk to God-How much sleep did I need-and as you get older there will be more thoughts.

Just remember in the amount of time you have YOU ARE RICH! No one has more hours each day. So don't let the minutes slip by in confusion of what to choose. Remember to leave some down time when you plan nothing this is important so God can lead you to what He feels is important. I love to read and have to be careful that my love of reading does not push everything else out. Some people spend hours every day watching television, being on the phone, or some other interest that they need to watch for.

One thing I am beginning to rely on more and more is That I never hang up the imaginary phone that I am on when I need to talk to and listen to what God wants. I just never hang that phone up and have little sentence prayers all through the day and also listen to what He is saying to me. It is surprising how often he will help you to choose what is the most important today. When you stay in touch with Him.

Nana Niecie

Now you have a glimpse at why my aunt is one of my favorite people in the world!

~ Thank you, my Lord, for my aunt and uncle, who have been so kind to me all my life and now to my daughter too. May my daughter and I both hold to this wisdom she has passed down to us. ~