Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Where is Your Happy Place?


Most people are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.
~Abraham Lincoln

I often hear something about finding your happy place or having happy thoughts and I just really want to know:

What was the very first thing that came into your mind when you read this title? Honestly, where is your happy place or what would be your ideal happy place?

And the second thing, if there were any second thoughts?

I promise to reveal my own later on!

(Okay, here it is: My Own Happy Place.)

~ My Lord, help us see the truth in ourselves as You see it. ~

6 comments:

  1. Actually not sure what you mean. What is a *happy place*? [Scratches outside of head while wandering distractedly inside of head.]

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL! Well, I guess that is *the* question. (Now you are stealing my thunder, methinks!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. lol Sorry. It's just a phrase that makes no sense to me. Are we talking about a literal place, a metaphysical place, an imaginary plce, an ideal [or an idyll]? Not that I have any of those so what else is there?

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is whatever it is...to you. It can be a memory, an imaginary place in which your mind wonders, or something you do...basically, a "place" that makes you happy when you are stressed, scared, annoyed, or otherwise generally unhappy.

    Do you have something like that?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Actually I don't. I can only access happy places when I am, well, happy. lol Otherwise my head is doing flip~flops.

    I will think about the places I go when I'm happy & get back to you ~ or blog it ~ as the case may be. ☺

    ReplyDelete

Thank you fellow travelers for walking and talking with me along this journey.