Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Advent Day 15


I will honor Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year. ~Charles Dickens

Heart

Reading: It is believed that the heart shape comes from the bodice of Mary. This is where Jesus was born. The color red represents the sacrifice that Jesus made for us, a sacrifice he made out of love. The heart has, for many centuries, been a symbol of love and affection. During the Christmas season, we are reminded of the love that Jesus has for each one of us.

Until I saw this picture, I do not think I had really thought it all out in quite this way before. I mean, we talk about God's love and we talk of giving our hearts to another or to God, but have you ever really considered that the Lord gives His Heart to you? How can one ever be worthy of such a precious gift!

~ Thank you, my Lord, for giving me Your Heart even as undeserving and untrustworthy I am. ~