Saturday, December 18, 2010

Advent Day 18


What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the master calls a butterfly. ~Richard Bach

Butterfly

Reading: Just like the butterfly comes out of its cocoon, Christ was resurrected from the tomb. We view Christ like the butterfly that goes into the cocoon as a caterpillar and comes out a beautiful butterfly.

I have wondered a time or two if changing from a caterpillar into a butterfly is a painful process. Basically, you are a hungry worm eating anything to which you can crawl, then you have this urgency to hide yourself away, and then one day you have colorful wings and you just know you can fly. It boggles my mind how all that is purely instinct.

~ His death must have seemed like the end of the world to the people who walked with Jesus, but my Lord, You had a much grander plan and purpose. Help me to keep the promise of Your plans and purpose always in my heart, so that hardships are seen only as a season of change. ~