Thursday, December 9, 2010

Advent Day 9


Light of the world, You stepped down into darkness, opened my eyes, let me see;
beauty that made this heart adore you, hope of a life spent with You.
Here I am to worship, here I am to bow down, here I am to say that You're my God!
You're all together lovely, all together worthy, all together wonderful to me.
~Tim Hughes

Lighthouse

Reading: On a cold and stormy Christmas Eve, a sailor was trying to return to his family. He had gone days without light in the rough coastal waters in the dark. On Christmas Eve, he suddenly saw a glimpse of light in the distance. He decided to follow it. Many hours later, the sailor made it to shore. When his family asked how how he made it home, he told them about the lighthouse. His wife and children turned white. His youngest daughter then said, "Father, the lighthouse hasn't worked in years." The family rejoiced for this Christmas miracle.



~ My Lord, You are the Light of the World. ~