Thursday, December 2, 2010

Advent Day 2


There's nothing sadder in this world than to awake Christmas morning and not be a child. ~Erma Bombeck (I Lost Everything in the Post-Natal Depression)

Nutcracker

Reading: Nutcrackers represent good fortune, power, and strength passed on through German folklore. Nutcrackers were given as keepsakes to bring good luck to the family and to protect the home. The legacy states that a nutcracker represents power and strength, and serves like a trusting dog that guards your family from evil spirits. It was believed then, and still holds true to this day, that a nutcracker shows its teeth to all the bad things in the world and acts as a carrier of good luck and good will.

My husband took me to the Fox Theater in Atlanta to see "The Nutcracker" ballet about ten years ago. It was my first ballet I had ever seen in person, a ballet of a little girl's dreams at Christmastime. Someday, I hope we will take the Princess.


~ My Lord, we have added so much to Christmas, perhaps far too much, but thank you allowing us this season to dream and indulge children. ~