Saturday, December 4, 2010

Advent Day 4


Symbolizing eternal hope, the wreath goes 'round and 'round,
And where it starts or ends cannot be found.
Woven of things that grow - for life, and hung for holiday delight
The wreath must be left in place From Advent through Twelfth Night.
~Unknown

Wreath

Reading: Christmas wreaths are the symbols of eternal life. A circle has no beginning and no end, which is the reason wreaths are circles. Also, the evergreen tree, of which most wreaths are made, stays green all winter and represents hope and strength.

My husband and I together made an artificial wreath the first year we moved to Georgia and every since it has been on our front door to greet visitors during the Christmas season. It is one of my favorite decorations because we both picked the elements to put on it and made it to our own taste.

~ My Lord, thank you for symbols of welcome, like the wreath, that reminds me also of the promise of eternity. ~